Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Stop judging and start loving, it`s that simple.

Tonight I was reminded that Christians, especially, tend to point their finger at not just other Christians, but everyone around them. Let’s face reality, people are going to be turned off for God if his followers are doing and saying the exact opposite of what He tells them to do. Stop judging and start loving, it’s really that simple. Gandhi once said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." I know personally I have felt as though Gandhi’s quote was pretty accurate, because I was that person that felt as though everyone around me was judging my family and I, instead of just accepting me as a person. Now do not get me wrong, I have judge other people and I am not proud of it, but God has showed me through my past that I have no room to judge other people because I have no idea what they are facing. I believe there are many people out in the world that claim to "Christians" but are of the world. You also have to remember we are human, and we make mistakes, but we also tend to judge other people of their sins instead of loving them for who they could be. I believe as a Christian we should put our faith in God and believe He will take care of ANY situation. "Casting all your care on Him, because He cares about you." -1 Peter 5:7 We should not worry about what others are doing, but be aware of how you can make the situation better for Christ. Society can shape a person or you can shape society. As a Christian we want to shape society, not the other way around. If society shapes us and we act like the world then we are not shining a light into this world that God called us to be. Think about this though, is it right to have gay marriage? You may say well I`m not participating in that so why would it matter? It does! The Bible clearly states that being homosexual is wrong. Saying nothing is making a statement. It is saying you do not care, but as a Christian you should care about the spiritual health of others. Are you judging people that are gay? No, you are standing up to what you know is true. "Love the sinner, not the sin." You may also say well if you ask God into your life you are forgiven of ALL your sins, right? Yes you are. If you asked Jesus to come into your heart, but if you are a true Christian you would not be committing that sin time and time again. Also, remember sin is sin in God`s eyes so we constantly need forgiveness. It is by the grace of God we are still alive so thank God for the little things. People will judge us, but you need to remember who you are in Christ.

The devil loves to tell lies and once he has you convinced, he then has distracted you from God and what He wants for your life. It does not matter what the world tells you God LOVES you no matter what. He believes you are beautifully and wonderfully made in HIS OWN image. You are chosen by God to be where you are today for a specific reason. So next time when judge someone just remind yourself God loves them as much as He loves you. Our world needs the love of God, nothing more and nothing less.

 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment