Friday, October 25, 2013

Heros do not wear capes, they wear dog tags.


About a month ago I asked someone in particular if they could write a letter to my sister. My sister is still currently in Navy boot camp, and if you don’t know much about the military these people live to see letters. The person I asked responded and said, “Possibly...I don’t really know her...” To be honest, that made me furious. I mean to me it doesn’t matter if you know the person, but even a few words of encouragement would have been better than nothing. My sister even stated in one letter that there were four or five other females that WANTED to receive a letter, because they had not gotten anything yet! But this person is not the only one out of many that cannot take a few minutes out of their day to encourage someone who is fighting for their freedom...

I believe many Americans take their freedom from granted. No, I KNOW many Americans take their freedom for granted. We are so caught up in our everyday lives that we don’t acknowledge the men and women that sacrifice their lives so we can just live. Why is that? Why do we worship celebrities like Miley Cyrus, yet never hear a word about a soldier in the news? Miley sure does become famous fast when she is nude, but what about those soldiers that die daily? You never hear a word...because we as Americans have everything backwards. Many look upon Miley as their hero, but I do not define her as a hero. No, way! I believe the men and women that wear combat boots to work everyday are the people we should be looking up at. Not some twenty year old slut that is looking for attention in all the wrong ways. And you wonder why sex trafficking is so atrocious these days. It is people like Miley who advertise their bodies as objects that cause the man’s mind to be all screwed up. Heck, in boot camp for the military if you hug the opposite sex they will keep you for two to three extra weeks and make you take sexual assault classes, because they don’t play around with that crap.

Now for me to get off my rant about what has been on my mind and tell you guys what God has been revealing to me. It is related to freedom, that is why I brought that topic up. I believe God gave each and everyone of us freewill. We can do and choice what we want to do with our lives because we are not just robots. I believe we tend to take our freewill for granted. Even Christians, I believe, push the boundaries of what the Bible says is right and what we tell our selves is right. We like to be conformed to this world, rather than be what God says we should be. Romans 6:1-2, “What shall we say then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By NO means...” God clearly states that we should not take His grace for granted. That freewill comes with a price, called consequences. Consequences can either come with blessings or hurt, but no matter what God will forgive you. You just have to truly repent of your sins that you committed. I know, it is not always easy, but I do know it is always worth it.

For a while I had a grudge against the person who informed me that they were not going to write a letter to my sister. The fact is though, that person had already moved on with life and yet I was still stuck in the midst of what they had said. I was to the point where I felt as though my lack of faith was setting me back. So eventually I had to forgive myself for holding that grudge, but I also accept the apology that I was never going to receive from that person. We have to move on with life because it is not worth any ones time to dwell in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment