Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Love is not a fight, but it is worth fighting for."

This quote above has been on my mind recently. Many people are lead to believe what this quote is referring to a marriage, or a close relationship here on this Earth, and I do believe that this it can be applied to those situations.  But what if I said I was fighting for the love of someone that isn't on this planet? But rather the Creator of the Universe...God. I know personally, lately I have felt as though I cannot feels His presence anymore, and God just doesn't have a plan for my life. And through all these emotions I have seen my faith hindered and a wall that has formed between God and I. Even though I know these feelings in particular are lies, I still believe they are true.

I know for a fact I am not the only person feelings this way, as though God has abandoned me.  I believe in this day and age, we as Christians, have to fight the devil for that intimate relationship we want to have with God. With everything that happens in our world we tend to push God off until we have gotten to the point where we forgotten Him.

Have you heard the saying, "If Satan can`t keep you bad, he will make you busy." I believe even though we may believe we are "good Christians" we don't truly understand God, because we are so caught up on everything that is going on around us. What if we just stopped? Even for just a moment and listened to Him. What if we let go of our pride and just keep moving forward when things go wrong, instead of blaming God? What if we weren't so caught up in our own lives and noticed people around us? What if we embraced our freedom of religion? What if for once we changed things up instead of being stuck in a routine everyday? What if we forgave the people who needed it the most and let go of grudges instead of holding on? What if we just quit worrying and just gave it all to God?What if we stopped judging and started to help? What if we gave up temptations and the sin of this world?

What if...Christians did what they were called to do? Then would Christianity be different? Then would we know of  a love that is worth fighting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment