Thursday, May 22, 2014

Death, is it as real as it seems?

     Lately my mind has been consumed by death. I know death is an irrational fear, because it is reality. I know everyone will have to face it in the future. But at the same time, I have learned that time is SO precious, especially the older I get, and how I need to take advantage of every opportunity given to me. You see time is this priceless thing that is given to us the moment we are born. We are never given any more time on this earth or any less. In the same way, we can never earn more of it and the truth of it is that once it is gone, it is gone forever. Every breath we breathe we are one step closer to death. You would think that be an incentive in itself to live our lives to glorify God. But the real question is, does it? Most people, not only Christians, go around living day by day believing that there will be more time. More time to make that phone call, more time to apologize, more time to tell that person how much they mean to you, more time to make a difference…but I hate to say it, when we think like that, that is usually when we find out the hard way and realize that our days are limited. 

     The other day I kept telling myself that I was going to check up on someone through a text. Next thing I knew I had received a text from someone else stating to check my email. Instantly, the lady who I was meaning to text popped into my head and without even having to look at the email yet I had this gut feeling it was about her and her family. When I read the email it was like I could feel the pain when I read each line. Her mom had been in very bad condition and now I was being informed that this lady`s mother did not have long to live. She told me once before that if a name just pops in you head and you do not know why, pray for that person because it is most likely the Holy Spirit telling you to do this. After receiving that email, I distinctively remember a day or two before this lady and her mom had been on my mind, so I eventually just stopped and prayed for them.Even though I never did text her when I meant to, after getting the email I felt terrible, because I had not done what I should of done in the first place by just checking up on her and her family. This event just reminded me to take advantage of the time you have now and the people you are surrounded with in life. Because you never know, the last time you talked to them might be the last time you will be able to talk to them on this earth.

     If you have something to say, say it. If you have something you want to do, act on it. The last thing you want to do is look back on your life and regret what you did not do or say for Christ. Let`s stop thinking that there will be more time on this earth, and start living like today is going to be our last, because never know, it might be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment